Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pound Cake Fail!

Posted by - Nancy

I was so excited about this months challenge. I love pound cake, but I have never attempted to make my own. However I wanted to make something unique and and tasty because why not if I'm going to the effort of making a pound cake? So one afternoon while on Food Networks site I found this recipe for Mascarpone Pound Cake courtesy of Giada. I recently cooked with mascarpone cheese and I loved it, so I was excited to find a recipe that would use the rest up. Well, as you can see from the title of this post, it failed. As in, totally inedible, not cooked, disgusting mess. I think the cooking time is way off and it should be baked in a tube pan, not a loaf pan. The batter was really dense, like a brownie batter, so a loaf pan didn't allow the middle to set at all.

Pound cake fail

Pound cake fail

Pound cake fail

So now I have a recipe from my friend Alton Brown that I want to try since I am without a delicious pound cake. Maybe I will get a chance this week to make it!

2 comments:

Nana said...

Oh, I feel your pain! There is nothing so disappointing as spending time and money on a recipe, only to have it fail. Been there, done that, too many times to count! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks. The biggest let down was that the house smelled so yummy while it was baking and my husband and I were both really looking forward to a little sweetness after dinner. Luckily we had some back up ice cream in the freezer!