Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cinnamon Swirl Bread - for Bread Machine












Posted by - Michele

This month’s Have the Cake Challenge was bread. I like to call myself yeastfully challenged. The dough never rises the way it should. I was happy to be able to find a recipe I could use with my bread machine.

I chose the Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread from Food.com. I do not like raisins in bread or cookies or any other baked good for that matter. I don’t know why. I like raisins by themselves. So no raisins for this bread.

It was SO easy to put together. You just toss all the ingredients in the bread maker and it does all the mixing and rising for you. The only thing you have to do is roll out the dough and sprinkle and roll. Next time I make this bread, I would divide the dough in half and use two bread pans. The bread came out a little doughy in the middle and I think it was because it was so big. But we all LOVED it!
If you would like to see this recipes with the raisins, here is the link to Food.com.

Cinnamon Swirl Bread – For the bread maker

Ingredients

1 large egg, room temperature
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup softened butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/3 cup sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 egg white
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar


Directions

1. Put milk and egg into measuring cup.

2. Add enough tepid water to make 1 cup.

3. Pour into bread machine pan.

4. Add the softened butter, 1/3 cup sugar, salt, bread flour and yeast.

5. Set bread machine to dough cycle.

6. Remove the dough at the end of the dough cycle.

7. Roll dough to 10×12 rectangle.

8. Brush egg white on surface of dough.

9. Brush with melted butter.

10. Combine cinnamon and sugar. (I doubled the amount)

11. Sprinkle over dough; leaving about 1 inch on each edge.

12. Roll from short side.

13. Pinch where it meets and roll ends under.

14. Place in loaf pan.

15. Cover with a cloth and let rise for about an hour.

16. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

17. Once the dough has risen, brush top with egg white and sprinkle with 1/1/2 teaspoon sugar. (I used more than that!)

18. Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.


Enjoy!

4 comments:

Priyanka said...

Thats a yummy bread dish :)

Jessica said...

Oh my, my mouth is watering!!

Colleen said...

that seriously looks so good! totally making this in my bread machine sometime soon!

Michele said...

Thank you! It was delicious!