Saturday, March 17, 2012

St Patrick's Day Cake Pops...

My very first attempt at Cake Pops...and look how it went...I chose to use Green Velvet Cake as my base (basically Red Velvet, but green!)
 I deconstructed, added frosting (cream cheese of course!) and re-constructed to a cakey dough...
 Rolled into balls, and popped them in the fridge...to set...
 ...melted some white chocolate and set the sticks in using some of the chocolate...
 ...dipped and decorated...Green Velvet Cake and green sugar for St Patrick's Day...
 I'm pretty chuffed with the results...would have prefered a 'greener' cake, but that's the perfectionist in me!! 
I even had enough left over to make some pretty Cake Balls...all in all a great first attempt at "The Monthly Challenge" Sara xx





Posted by - Sara.

13 comments:

mr. pineapple man said...

How clever! Love it!

April said...

Your cake pop dough is perfection!

Unknown said...

love the "green colour". The pops look ah-mazing:)

divyagcp said...

First time seeing a cake in green color.. Good job!! Love it..

Shoutforfood said...

It looks very tempting !

Faseela said...

lovely n tempting .....

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

LOOKS JUST YUMMMMM.......loved it..book marking...perfectly done..
Maha

Ellen said...

These look really good! I keep hearing about cake pops, but haven't tried them yet.

Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower and look forward to more great posts/recipes.

Rena said...

YUM! I've never had green velvet cake. :)

Vivian Thiele said...

how clever and cute! We were both thinking St. Patrick's day. Wasn't this a fun challenge!

Sew Appetising said...

Hi guys, thanks for all the comments...they were really fun to make, and a big hit with the kiddies!!
Sxx

Vanessa @ Cakes and Teacups said...

What a wonderful idea for Saint Patrick's day. A pot of gold cake pops! I love it! I am now a follower, hope to see you around mines.

Colleen said...

So fantastic!!!